- Jan 31 2024
- 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
MAWB Evening Meet Up – Come Celebrate 6 Years with Us!
🎉🥂 Let the Celebration Begin! 🧁🎂
Join us as we mark our 6th Birthday with the perfect blend of elegance and sweetness. There will be Champagne to toast to the journey and Cupcakes to add a touch of delight to the festivities. Let’s cherish the memories, embrace the present, and look forward to the exciting times ahead. Cheers to six fabulous years of community, connection, and empowerment! 🎊🌟
January 31st, 6:30-9:00 PM at Touchdown Coworking Space.
Agenda for the Networking Event:
6:30 – 7:00 pm – Open Networking (opportunity to shop and talk to vendors)
7:00 pm – Welcome & Announcements
7:20 pm – Group Networking Activity (opportunity to shop and talk to vendors)
8:00 – Panel Discussion
8:40 pm – Door Prizes
8:45 pm – Closing Remarks
8:45 pm – 9:00 pm – Open Networking (opportunity to shop and talk to vendors)
9:00 pm – Meeting End Time
(opportunity to shop and talk to vendors)
9:30 pm – Doors Close
Registration Fee $25 +HST
Any questions about the MAWB Evening Meet Up & 6th Birthday Celebrattion please contact:
Christine Hull, 647-273-1057
Christine@mawb.ca | www.mawb.ca
Meet our Panelists
Alexis Duncan, Allstate Insurance in Burlington, ON. Alexis is a Senior Insurance Agent with Allstate Insurance, providing a superior level of service, while helping her clients realize cost savings and the optimal coverage for their insurance needs. Learn more here.
Mirella Canavan, Canavan Real Estate Group – Re/Max Realty Specialists in Mississauga, ON. Mirella is a passionate Real Estate Salesperson, working alongside her husband Mike, helping clients achieve their real estate goals. Whether it be a new family home or a real estate investment – they have you covered. Learn more here.
Ritu Kohli-Sethi, Greater Toronto Executive Centre, Mississauga, ON. Ritu is the Managing Partner at Greater Toronto Executive Centre, with two locations in Mississauga. Whether a physical location, meeting room or virtual office, Ritu works with business owners, startups and professional organizations find the perfect workspace solution for their business. Learn more here.
Get ready to explore a world of diverse offerings from our fantastic event vendors! These entrepreneurs bring a mix of specialties, from unique teas and holistic products to essential oils, crafting supplies, handcrafted accessories, and premium beauty solutions. Let their passion and expertise add a delightful touch to your experience at our upcoming event. Meet them, discover their offerings, and indulge in a shopping experience!
1. Linda Barnett, The Travelling TeaRoom Boutique – Linda is a visionary entrepreneur, Founder, and Owner of her own boutique, offering a curated selection of fashion, unique jewellery, accessories, and tea wares that captivate the hearts of fashion enthusiasts and tea connoisseurs alike.
2. Janice Best, Best Holistic – Dive into a world of holistic well-being with our featured vendor, offering transformative experiences through hypnosis and the soothing effects of Bach Flower Remedies. Discover the power of positive change and emotional balance as you explore the offerings tailored to uplift your mind and spirit.3. Valerie Coates & Paula Ribeiro, Independent Distributors at Young Living Essential Oils – Dive into the world of wellness as they present an extensive lineup of essential oils and products crafted to support your well-being through non-toxic, natural approaches. Explore the goodness of Young Living with Valerie and Paula!
4. Amanda Batek, Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator – As a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, Amanda embraces the joy of creativity on a daily basis, serving not only as a creator but also as a creative coach. She takes pride in offering innovative project ideas and providing encouragement to her valued customers and friends. Her ultimate satisfaction lies in assisting others in crafting that perfect project for a special occasion. Beyond the realm of stamps and ink, Amanda believes that creating cards, scrapbook pages, and gift items is a heartfelt way to share a piece of oneself with the people who matter most.
5. Mary Escobedo, The Duchess Collection – Explore a stunning array of handcrafted accessories, inspired by the regal monarch butterfly and meticulously crafted by local Mexican artisans. 🦋✨
6. Fernanda Silva, Mary Kay Independent Sales Director – Fernanda brings the elegance and expertise of Mary Kay to our evening meet-up. Discover skincare and beauty solutions that celebrate your unique radiance. Fernanda has been a top Sales Director for over 30 years with impeccable knowledge of her products and top notch customer service.
Established Jan 8, 2018, the Mississauga & Area Women in Business (MAWB) is a robust and dynamic networking group for women based out of Mississauga. The members of MAWB, also known as MAWBsters, are local women, from Mississauga and the surrounding communities, who come together to support each other’s businesses, offer advice and encouragement, and foster both business relationships and real friendships.
About our Host:
Christine Hull is the owner of Christine Hull & Associates, the company provides an array of professional administrative, technical, and social media assistance to small business owners.
Christine offers 1-on-1 and group training workshops on many software programs and apps, including Facebook, Instagram, Canva, MailChimp, Cinchshare, Microsoft Office programs, and more! Christine Hull & Associates earned the 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 Mississauga Readers’ Choice Award Winner.
In addition, Christine is the Founder of the MAWB, Mississauga & Area Women in Business – a local online/offline Community of businesswomen who meet and offer business support, inspiration, connection/referrals, and friendship.
SOME OF OUR FAVOURITE BUSINESS TOOLS
Over the years, we have tried and tested many business apps and tools, and we are always happy to share the ones we love and continue to use with our friends and colleagues. Following is a list of resources, with a brief description of each, to help you manage and grow your business a little bit more easily. If you have any business resources you love to use, please let us know about them so we can check them out. Click here to see our list.