Fall has, well, fallen, so has the temperature, and so has the October Instagram Calendar where you’ll find 31 Social Media Post Ideas for October. So much happens in October in Canada—Thanksgiving, and in conjunction with that, Indigenous People’s Day, Halloween, it’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and, of course, pumpkin spice is EVERYWHERE! 🍁🍂🎃
Once again, the MAWB is providing you with a fully loaded social media calendar for the month so you can spend your time writing your content instead of planning what the content will be. There are a lot of fun, kind of random, days to celebrate, like Taco Day, Chocolate Day, And National Dessert Day. Combined with Thanksgiving and Halloween, it seems like October is all about the goodies! Plus there are the more significant days to acknowledge, including Yom Kippur, National Coming Out Day, the International Day of the Girl, Diwali, and First Responders Day.
Mark your calendar accordingly:
- October 5: Yom Kippur #yomkippur2022
- October 10: Thanksgiving #thanksgiving2022
- October 10: Indigenous Peoples Day #IndigenousPeoplesDay
- October 11: National Coming Out Day #comingoutday
- October 11: International Day of the Girl #dayofthegirl
- October 16: National Business Women’s Week begins
- October 24: Diwali #dayofthegirl
- October 28: First Responders Day #firstrespondersday
- October 31: Halloween #Halloween, # HappyHalloween
As women, the significance of Breast Cancer Awareness month is huge (see this article from the Canadian Cancer Society). All of us are sure to know someone who has been through treatment, maybe even lost beloved friends or family members. Because of the inception of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the fundraising that takes place all over during the month of October, however, the treatment protocols have advanced so much that the rate of recovery is significantly higher than in the past. To honour all the survivors and those we’ve lost, we have scattered posts throughout the month, highlighted with the pink ribbon. Other things you can do to acknowledge the theme is hold an online fundraiser, highlight other people’s fundraisers, and use the hashtag #breastcancerawarenessmonth2022.
As business women, National Business Women’s Week is ripe for social media opportunities. Share your story. Talk about your Why; talk about how you got your business started; share your struggles and successes; share a funny story about your business; post Then & Now pictures; take a This or That poll about your products. Talk about other women you admire and why, and take the opportunity to promote other women-owned businesses you love. You could probably actually fill a whole month of social media on this topic. Use the hashtags #businesswomenlife, #businesswomensweek when sharing your posts.
Finally, let’s talk about goal setting.
- Print out your calendar and write out your monthly goals: # of new followers, interactions and engagement, shares, etc.
- Write out your personal hashtags for the month.
- What is your call to action this month? Do you want information? Do you want to schedule coffee dates? Do you want people to follow your social media accounts? You have to remember to ask if you want things to happen, so always use a CTA!
So, go have fun with your social media! Be yourself, be engaging, be real, and be consistent! You can get some great scheduling, design and planning tools that are MAWB Approved right on our MAWB Resources and Tools page.
Download the October Instagram Calendar calendar today, and have some fun this month!